Toxic Trends for 2011
I’m so excited to be publishing the first post of this year. It’s been so busy around here lately. I traveled during the holidays and was able to see my first snow ever! It was truly a remarkable experience I will never forget. I was running around in the snow like a 5 year old making snow balls! It really didn’t snow that much, just a light dusting, but I had so much fun.
It made me realize the simple things in life can really bring you joy. So next year I hope to see even more snow and I predict I will get to make a snow man too! What else can we expect for 2011? Here are a few of my predictions in the world of toxic beauty for 2011. I wish a few of them would not come true, but unfortunately, I think they will…unless we make some changes in our lifestyle and our beauty routines. And now here are my predictions for 2011.
Robin’s Toxic Beauty Predictions for 2011
- Sadly, more women will develop cancer as a result of using chemically laced products. Ingredients such as aluminum, parabens, and formaldehyde have all been proven to be carcinogenic. With the continued use of such toxins, cancer incidences are sure to rise. I’ve seen firsthand what this dreadful disease can do as I watched my mother whither away.
2. People will experience more skin irritations due to the use of chemical ingredients. Do you usually get skin rashes on a regular basis? When I was a teenager, I used to get red bumps on my legs all the time. I never thought it could be from my lotion. Most women don’t connect that the culprit of their outbreaks are the cosmetics they use on a daily basis. This will result in more visits to dermatologists, turning into a vicious cycle. The doctor gives them a prescription which only makes it worse and causes even more problems, requiring more drugs! It’s the prescription drug curse.
3. More women (and men, for that matter) will suffer through hormonal imbalances since many chemicals in personal care products mimic estrogen, causing an excess amount to build up. Excess estrogen causes serious medical conditions in women such as fibroids, endometriosis, depression and in men, even feminization. I was with a friend once when he got his estrogen levels tested. He had been irritable and moody lately…so why was he showing symptoms of PMS? His estrogen levels were way above normal!
4. And on a more positive note, more attention will be paid to the cancer causing chemicals allowed in cosmetics and companies will be more regulated and held accountable for their ingredients. This kind of legislation is a long time coming. It excites me to think of a day when the personal care products and cosmetics on store shelves are safer for us and the planet.
5. There will be an increase in those choosing the organic lifestyle. In recent years, more people have been buying organic products, regardless of price, and I believe as the public become educated and more health conscious, this will continue to rise. I myself joined the ranks of the organic crew almost 4 years ago and never looked back. People will start to realize the key to health is prevention, not treatment. In the long run, you’ll actually spend less money!
So do you agree with my predictions? Disagree? What are your predictions for 2011 in the toxic beauty world? Leave a comment in the form below. Happy new year!
Stay natural…stay beautiful…go green!
Get my FREE Guide to Safe Cosmetics
Enter your email for instant access to "Label Lies"