The Versatile Blogger Award
It’s always an honor to be recognized for the work you do, but when that recognition comes from one of your peers, it’s even more special. I was recently chosen to receive the “Versatile Blogger Award” from Annie of allnaturalannie.com. I absolutely love visiting Annie’s blog for her special spin on natural beauty, so I was extremely honored to receive this award from her! Part of this process is now sharing 7 things about myself and then I shall pass this award along to 5 of my favorite bloggers. So here goes!
- I am a cartoon junkie. It used to be The Simpsons, but I’ve graduated to Family Guy, American Dad, and The Boondocks. I don’t think cartoons are just for kids!
- I’m learning how to cook wheat-free, dairy-free, grain-free, and sugar-free recipes. Since I’ve been eating this way, I feel great (not bloated) and the foods are incredibly delicious! I made coconut bread yesterday with coconut flour and it was a huge hit!
- I changed the way I beautify myself and my personal care products when I discovered there was a link between diseases and ingredients used in personal care products. I lost my mother to ovarian cancer 11 years ago and I truly feel there was a connection between her cancer and the fact that she used talcum powder for many years.
- My favorite place is the beach. The gentle soothing waves and sea salt air relaxes me immensely. I’ve lived by the beach my entire life and I cannot imagine living in a place that’s landlocked.
- I am an only child and was raised only by my mother. But all through my life I have had a dog as a pet. Our dogs were like my siblings.
- I am a beauty junkie- I love (all natural and organic) creams, lotions, makeup, perfume, and hair products. I am a girly girl!
- I’ve recently discovered the beauty of homemade skincare. I always thought it was too difficult and time consuming, but it’s really not! I love using fruit, veggies, and other foods to make my skin glowing and healthy! (And don’t worry, I will share the recipes.)
Thanks, ladies, for helping us realize it is easy being green in the beauty realm! And on a side note, I was just mentioned in a new blog post “50 Best Blogs for All Natural Beauty.” This is a fabulous resource for those of you seeking natural beauty blogs. Thanks so much for including me in this list!
*** Don’t forget, this the last day to enter to win organic shea butter! Go here to read about how to enter. Ends tonight at 11:59 pm…you can still sneak in!
Stay natural…stay beautiful…go green!
Get my FREE Guide to Safe Cosmetics
Enter your email for instant access to "Label Lies"