5 Celebrities Leading the Green Beauty Movement
Today’s post is for fun! I’m detailing the top 5 celebs leading the green beauty movement. A while back I did a post on ads with celebrities and it received a great response! The article made you wonder…when celebrities endorse a product, do they really know what’s in it and do they even care?
When it comes to green beauty products, are celebs today promoting their use just because it’s the “hip” thing to do or do they truly believe in the safety of the products? I tend to believe they actually do care about the ingredients and are not just jumping on the green beauty band wagon. In fact, I think it’s a wonderful thing for famous people to bring the spotlight to the toxicity of cosmetics.
So here’s my list of the top 5 stars leading the green beauty movement in their own little way.
1. One of the most “green” celebs you’ll find is Cameron Diaz. Most everyone knows she was one of the first to get a Prius (and I was the second…lol!) But where does she stack up when it comes to beauty? Well, Ms. Diaz prefers to maintain her beauty using natural and organic cosmetics. Cameron says “the main secret preventing the appearance of wrinkles and acne is drinking enough water every day, sleep well, and using organic cosmetic products.” One of her favorite brands is ColorScience, who make mineral cosmetics and skin products.
2. What is a list like this without Alicia Silverstone? She’s a strong vegan, environmentalist, and has now set her sights on chemical free beauty. She’s founded her own eco-friendly line for Juice Beauty. The new line includes 5 assorted products, such as cleanser and lip color. Silverstone says of her new line: “When you’re a person who cares about the ingredients like I do, it’s really exciting. The products are all natural, organic and cruelty free. They use avocado, shea butter, sesame seed, sunflower seeds, aloe and fresh juices.” She also has her own green and eco site, The Kind Life.
3. Jessica Alba used to be someone who promoted and used brands like Revlon…but things changed when she became a mom and realized she didn’t want to use toxic ingredients on herself or her baby. That spurred her to found The Honest Company, a baby product subscription service whose “products are made with the safest ingredients for your entire family.” Jessica is even a DIY-er, mixing her own body oil but loves Vapour Organic beauty when she wants to glam it up.
4. Rachel McAdams has been an environmentalist since she was young. She’s even partnered with 2 eco-conscious friends to start the website, Greenissexy.org to help “spread the word to all sorts of people and really make a difference” She is not just talking the talk, she’s also walking the walk. One of her favorite spots to shop for organic beauty products is Saffron Rouge.
5. Back in 2009, Cowboys & Aliens star Olivia Wilde graced the cover of the premier issue of Organic Beauty Magazine (which I do believe is now unfortunately, defunct.) She says, “it’s unnecessary to sacrifice your health with what you’re putting on your body.” In the article, she gives wonderful tips on how to go green with your beauty routine without breaking the bank. One of her (and my) preferred organic brands is Eminence.
Now that more celebrities are endorsing and publicizing green beauty, this will bring more attention to it’s benefits and hopefully call more attention to WHY we choose to use these products.
Now it’s your turn!
Did I leave anyone off the list who you feel deserves a spot? Why do you choose organic beauty products over conventional? Comment using Facebook or the comment form below. If you liked this post, why not click the “like” button, tweet it, pin it, or share it with friends? It might make them smile.
Stay natural…stay beautiful…go green!
Get my FREE Guide to Safe Cosmetics
Enter your email for instant access to "Label Lies"