Review and Giveaway: Reviyve Skin With Blended Naturals CLOSED
When I choose body scrubs, I usually go for the sweet scents. There is nothing that’s more pleasing to the body and senses than the lovely scent of almond. I recently got to try two products from the Reviyve Blended Naturals line and I was more than pleased with my sampling. This line is designed to take extra care with ethnic skin, but I feel as though it would benefit any kind of skin.
Spa Night – Step 1
I decided on a night that would be spa night and jumped into the shower to pamper my skin! First I rinsed with warm water (water that’s too hot is drying to the skin.) Then I used Reviyve Blended Naturals Moisturzing Sugar Butter Scrub in Exotic Almond. Sounds good enough to eat right? Well it was! The almond scent was subtle and I immediately felt the oils working to hydrate my skin. The scrub was not thick and contained more of the oils than sugar. Sugar makes such a wonderful scrub for the skin (I prefer it to salt scrubs.)
Let me tell you, when I rinsed off, my skin was like silk. Organic oils really do the job in this scrub: organic sunflower oil, organic cocoa butter, organic coconut oil, organic shea butter, raw turbinado sugar, honey, vitamin E, and almond essential oils. I love that all the ingredients are natural with absolutely no synthetics at all. If you have extremely dry skin, you definitely need to exfoliate but this scrub does so gently leaving behind nothing but moist smooth skin. The scrub is also available in other soothing scents such as Peppermint, Orange, Lemon, Rosemary Mint, Pink Grapefruit, and Vanilla Black Velvet (sounds so yum!) It sells for $17.50 for a 3.5 oz jar.
Don’t forget to moisturize!
After you come out of the shower, be sure to pat skin dry. You don’t want to rub as that would remove all the healing oils on your body. Even though my skin felt incredibly soft and silky, I still used moisturizer after scrubbing and you should always too! I used Reviyve Blended Naturals Organic Shea Butter Balm in Lemon. After I used it, I smelled like a lemon meringe pie! It’s based on organic shea butter so it has a thicker consistency, yet melts when you apply it. It was the perfect conclusion to my mini-spa night. I adore the healing powers of shea butter and this balm also contains organic sunflower oil and lemon essential oil. It doesn’t take a lot of ingredients for a product to work and this balm proves that with only 3. Simplicity is sometimes best when it comes to choosing skin care products.
Overall, I really liked these two products, even though the scrub was not as thick as the scrubs I am used to using. The body balm was so hydrating and I’d recommend it for all skin types, but especially extremely dry skin. The Blended Naturals website is also very easy to use and even remembers the last products you visited! Also check out the blog for great skin care tips.
Since I got to try out Blended Naturals…why shouldn’t you? I’ve teamed up with Reviyve to offer you a great “Silky Skin” giveaway! Win a full sized Shea Butter Balm- it will be the unscented variety, but you can add your own essential oils or if you’re more sensitive to scents, leave it as is. You will still have gorgeously silky skin! Can’t wait to win it? Reviyve is offering a special discount for Toxic Beauty Blog readers, so visit Blended Naturals to browse.
See below for the giveaway entry instructions.
Subscribe to the Toxic Beauty newsletter here. You must also confirm your subscription to be eligible to win the giveaway. Sign up below!
Already subscribed? See below for additional and extra entry options! Please leave a comment for each entry you’ve used.
- Visit my other blog All About Aubrey Organics and subscribe for free e-mail or RSS updates. This method allows you five additional entries!
- Tweet this giveaway. Copy and paste “@organicgirl6 @Reviyve Organic Shea Butter Balm Giveaway! http://toxicbeautyblog.com/giveaways/blended-naturals” Then come back and leave a direct link to your tweet. (go to your twitter account, click on the words when your tweet was sent (ie. 5 seconds ago) and copy and paste that link in comments.) This can be done once a day.
- Share this giveaway on Facebook, Delicious, Digg, Reddit, Mixx, Stumble Upon, Friend Feed, Linked In or any social networking site. Leave a comment with your name and a link to the “share.” You can do this daily as well. This is good for two entries.
- Write a post on your blog linking to this giveaway – Good for five entries! Leave this comment five times so you get all five entries.
- Add Toxic Beauty Blog’s button to your blog or link to your blog roll. See the sidebar for the code. Good for two entries. Leave your comment twice to get both entries.
The following are good for one entry each (tip: open links in a new tab, so you can keep this page open):
6. “Like” Toxic Beauty Blog on Facebook.
7.“Like” Blended Naturals on Facebook.
8. Follow me on Twitter.
9. Follow Reviyve on Twitter.
10. Sign up for Blended Naturals free Beauty Guide and Absolute Beauty Recipe.
That’s 10 ways to enter!
You may enter this giveaway up until July 14, 2010 at 11:59pm.
This giveaway is not redeemable for cash and open to US & Canada residents only.
The winner will be notified through the newsletter and will receive prize from Reviyve.
Many thanks to Reviyve for sponsoring this giveaway.
Stay natural…stay beautiful…go green!
Disclaimer: I received samples from the Reviyve Blended Naturals line to try. This review consists of my honest opinions and experiences after using the products. I was not compensated in any way for this review.
Get my FREE Guide to Safe Cosmetics
Enter your email for instant access to "Label Lies"